Employment opportunities at Yulu-Burri-Ba
Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks. Yulu-Burri-Ba has clinics at North Stradbroke Island, Capalaba and Wynnum.
At Yulu-Burri-Ba we love to expand our team and services offered to our community. Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (Yulu-Burri-Ba) is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks. Yulu-Burri-Ba has clinics at North Stradbroke Island, Capalaba and Wynnum.
Check back here for opportunities to join our deadly team.
For any enquiries, please email:
To stay in the loop also like us on Facebook!
Medical Receptionist (casual)
Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health, is currently seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Medical Receptionist on a casual basis.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will have
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively and pro-actively as a member of a team contributing to the further development of the service
- Demonstrated knowledge of health issues in respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated competence in the use of I.T. including electronic client record systems
Practical requirements or eligibility to obtain
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation(CPR)
- Certificate III in Business Medical Administration
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Satisfactory current Criminal History Check
- Current “C” Class Driver’s Licence valid in Queensland
- Eligibility for a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card registration)
- Proof of Immunisation Status
Why work for Yulu-Burri-Ba? We can offer you:
- an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families
- a positive and supportive work environment
- challenging and rewarding employment
- The salary range varies depending on qualifications and experience as detailed in the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award 2010
- The successful applicant will be required to work at all Yulu-Burri-Ba clinics sites – Wynnum, Capalaba and North Stradbroke Island (Dunwich)
To obtain a copy of the Position Description:
Please send a one-page covering letter and current resume to HR@ybb.com.au
Applications close: 9:00AM – Tuesday 18 June 2019
PRACTICE MANAGER – Dunwich
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position
Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health provides a safe, confidential and culturally appropriate primary and specialist health care service in line with community needs at three clinics – North Stradbroke Island, Wynnum and Capalaba,
Yulu-Burri-Ba is currently seeking a highly motivated Practice Manager to lead our dedicated Dunwich clinic team.
Key Duties include
- Ensuring the clinic delivers quality treatment and meets agreed health Service Agreement commitments to clients
- Evaluating clinic performance and providing regular reports to the CEO as required with implementation of responsive activities to meet and exceed performance outcome
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures to optimize smooth operational clinic practices including appropriate allocation of resources (staff, rooms, etc.)
- Ensuring delivery of clinical services is underpinned by a clinical governance framework that fosters reflective practice, constructive feedback and service improvement, risk prevention and management, and the highest standards in quality and safety of client care
The successful applicant will have:
- Qualification(s) in business, management, health, nursing and/or allied health and at least three years previous health management experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing staff, systems and processes to meet (and exceed) the key performance indicators
- Demonstrated clinic experience, in particular the ability to implement and support a medical/primary health care team
- Working knowledge of and experience in the Medicare Benefits Schedule and its application in the CCHS setting, including understanding of the Closing the Gap programs and targets
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, with commitment to the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal community controlled services and delivery
For further information about the position, please contact Health Services Manager, Mr Rayno Potgieter by email email@example.com
Applications including a current resume and a covering letter addressing the key requirements should be submitted via Seek.com.au
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 9am Wednesday 26 June 2019
Full-time General Practitioner (VR), Wynnum/Capalaba
A comprehensive salary package is available – salary + reimbursement of medical indemnity insurance + reimbursement medical registration + superannuation + ability to salary sacrifice
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality, culturally appropriate General Practitioner services to clients
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, deliver comprehensive preventative health screening and assessment and coordinated care planning and management across the life spectrum
- Support a culture of reflective practice and continuous quality improvement
- Provide supervision for trainees, in particular GP Registrars
- Maximise opportunities to enhance the range and quality of medical services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander clients, working with the team to optimise MBS billings for reinvestment in service delivery
Skills and Experience
- Qualified medical practitioner with general AHPRA registration
- Vocational Registration (VR)
- Extensive experience in a primary health care setting
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please register your application through SEEK.
Please ensure your application includes a covering letter addressing why you are the right person for the job along with your resume and two work related referees.
For further information
Rayno Potgieter Health Services Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 June 2019