Employment opportunities at Yulu-Burri-Ba
Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks. Yulu-Burri-Ba has clinics at North Stradbroke Island, Capalaba and Wynnum.
At Yulu-Burri-Ba we love to expand our team and services offered to our community. Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (Yulu-Burri-Ba) is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks. Yulu-Burri-Ba has clinics at North Stradbroke Island, Capalaba and Wynnum.
Check back here for opportunities to join our deadly team.
For any enquiries, please email:
To stay in the loop also like us on Facebook!
Family Services Manager
Yulu-Burri-Ba is a community controlled health service that provides primary health care and associated health services to the community of North Stradbroke Island and Brisbane’s Bayside suburbs. Our health services extend beyond a doctor’s visit as every effort is made to deliver innovative ways of working with the community to improve health outcomes.
Yulu-Burri-Ba is currently seeking a highly motivated Family Services Manager to lead a dedicated team. The position is responsible for developing, expanding, monitoring and continually improving the specialised Social health, Family and Maternal and Child Health services delivered by Yulu-Burri-Ba in Brisbane’s Eastern Bayside region, as part of an integrated model of community and family-centred health care.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Managing and leading the Family Services team to provide quality, value-added services in all aspects of children, youth, family and recovery management services in accordance with community needs, Council priorities and State/Commonwealth funding and policy guidelines
- Working closely with Yulu-Burri-Ba stakeholders to collect and collate data on need, access patterns, existing service update and response, and service gaps, to ensure the ongoing development of Family Services is informed by best available evidence
- Working closely with senior colleagues within the ATSICCHS network, and with the Family Services Teams, continuing to review and refine the System of Care for specialised integrated Family Services
- Overseeing the ongoing development and refinement of community engagement activities aimed at increasing promotion, awareness, access and uptake of Family Services by Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander individuals and families
- Developing strategic and high level links with Indigenous and mainstream health, education, community and family support agencies and services to improve access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and families
For further information, please refer to the Position Description
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and lead a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding and application of theoretical frameworks and relevant experience in the delivery of Family Services
- Demonstrated understanding of working with individuals, families and communities who have experienced trauma, including acute, ongoing and intergenerational
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to, the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health services
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an inter-professional team including knowledge and understanding of the roles and contributions of other professionals
- Ability to communicate sensitivity and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Effective verbal, written skills and multi-mode communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Business, Health and/or Nursing and/or other relevant tertiary qualifications, and/or equivalent relevant experience that demonstrates your ability to lead primary health care service delivery
- Current health practitioner registration through AHPRA or eligible for registration with AHPRA, if relevant to your qualification.
- Practical experience working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Successful leadership of health and / or family service programs and management of staff
- current QLD “C” class Drivers licence
- current Blue Card (Working with Children young People) or willingness to apply
WHY WORK FOR YULU-BURRI-BA?
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- ability to salary sacrifice
- an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Straizt Islander children and families
- a positive and supportive work environment
- challenging and rewarding employment
- The salary range varies depending on qualifications and experience as detailed in the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award 2010
- send a one-page covering letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR go to seek.com.au to submit your application
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- 9:00AM, Monday 29 April 2019